Those wishing for an introduction to the enterprise market, the technology and jargon and specifically the CommScope Uniprise solution.
No Pre-requisite knowledge is required for this course.
- Provide a foundation course introducing the Uniprise enterprise solution.
- Introduce CommScope, the Enterprise market and Uniprise solution.
- Understand basic transmission concepts and how cables and components are integrated into an enterprise infrastructure.
- Know the key standards and where products and solutions fit within those standards.
- Understand the relationship between cabling Infrastructures and network applications.
The Uniprise suite of courses are built from a pool of modules as opposed to lessons, the modules included within this course include:
- Uniprise Introduction - This module introduces CommScope and the Uniprise structured cabling solutions, manufacturing excellence, warranty.
- Transmission Media - is a review of the transmission parameters, which are affected by the placement of the copper and optical fiber media, cable components, U/UTP, F/UTP, S/FTP, coax, performance, pairs, decibel (dB), transmission characteristics, CommScope testing program, Verified vs Tested, FO transmission media, dispersion, attenuation, fiber types, OM2, OM3, OM4, OS2, network cable performance, fiber selection, fiber construction, cables and fire safety listings.
- Uniprise the integrated solution – Decision triangle, customer environment, changing world, the network challenge, response improvements, Bits and Hertz, costs in perspective, what customers ask for, multi-vendor issues, importance of a solution, bandwidth and solutions, transmission considerations, performance, horizontal, backbone and campus components, fiber and DMD, ZWP, WDM, what should customers ask for.
- Copper Cable and Connectivity - covers Ultra II and DataPipe CAT5e, Media 6 CAT6, Ultra 10 solutions, isolator, isolite, UNJ and UNP connectors and panels, FTP solutions, CAT3 solutions, cables and components.
- Fiber Cables and Connectivity - details the Uniprise fiber solutions, including LightScope ZWP fiber, LaserCore and other multimode & jacket options, DMD, OM2+, OM3 and OM4, Application distances, fiber selection, cable types loose tube, tight buffered, protective casings, triathlon, hybrid, CIS Cable in Conduit, Webtrak. Part 2 covers connectors, ST, SC, LC, pre-terminated, patch panel options, OSP and Building Entrance enclosures.
- Coaxial cable and Connectivity - details coaxial structure, shield types applications and connectors, standards, impedance, attenuation, shields, design, Video, CATV, security, wireless control,
- Mixed Use Network Solutions - Explores solutions used in small commercial and residential environments, MXU distribution Centers, the MDU and module options and enclosures.
- Network Applications – Technology driven enterprise, computer performance and LAN electronics, infrastructure advantage, value proposition, solutions, coaxial cables, what is Uniprise, planning for growth, media types, application examples.
How will I learn?
You will study this course online in a self- paced format.
The course is made up of a number of webcast modules and online multiple choice assessments giving immediate feedback. It is supported by downloadable support documentation.
Successful completion will require:
Any level of pass in the accumulative overall assessment score.
Is this the right course for me?
If you want an introduction to the Uniprise solution and the Enterprise market, then this course is for you.
Upon successful completion you will:
Receive a certificate that may be self-printed.
BICSI CECs: 3 Event ID: OV-COMM-IL-0916-3
Certificate valid for 4 years
Estimated study time: 12 hours
Webcast duration: 6h:56m