Uniprise Certified Installer Cross-certification Course [SPUCIC]
This course has now been retired and is not available for booking.
Alternative courses can be found in our course catalog.
The Uniprise Installer Training Program is designed to assure that the installer is qualified to properly install the Enterprise Network, using products that comprise a Uniprise solution. This course cross-certify a student currently qualified in the CommScope SYSTIMAX I&M course, ND/FC3361.
Estimated study time: 8 hours
Webcast duration: 5h:37m
For those students already qualified in SYSTIMAX Installation and Maintenance ND/FC3361 and wishing to also qualify in the Uniprise Certified Installer program in order to support the this solution to warranty level. This course compliments your existing SYSTIMAX installation experience with extracts from the full UCI course.
Being currently trained in the ND/FC3361 SYSTIMAX Installation and Maintenance is the mandatory pre-requisite for this course. If you are not sure please contact your CommScope representative or CommScope Academy Infrastructure support via their contact page.
- Cross-certify your SYSTIMAX installation knowledge to support the Uniprise Certified Installer (UCI) qualification.
- Provide knowledge of the Uniprise Product solution.
- Review the latest copper, fiber, coax and mixed Uniprise solutions, installation procedures and best working practices.
- Provide sufficient knowledge of the Uniprise solution to support a Uniprise installation to warranty level.
The Uniprise suite of courses are built from a pool of modules as opposed to lessons, the modules included within this course include:
- Uniprise Introduction - This module introduces CommScope and the Uniprise structured cabling solutions, manufacturing excellence, warranty.
- Copper Cable and Connectivity - covers Ultra II and DataPipe CAT5e, Media 6 CAT6, Ultra 10 solutions, isolator, isolite, UNJ and UNP connectors and panels, FTP solutions, CAT3 solutions, cables and components.
- Fiber Cables and Connectivity - details the Uniprise fiber solutions, including LightScope ZWP fiber, LaserCore and other multimode & jacket options, DMD, OM2+, OM3 and OM4, Application distances, fiber selection, cable types loose tube, tight buffered, protective casings, triathlon, hybrid, CIS Cable in Conduit, Webtrak. Part 2 covers connectors, ST, SC, LC, pre-terminated, patch panel options, OSP and Building Entrance enclosures.
- Coaxial cable and Connectivity - details coaxial structure, shield types applications and connectors, standards, impedance, attenuation, shields, design, Video, CATV, security, wireless control,
- Mixed Use Network Solutions - Explores solutions used in small commercial and residential environments, MXU distribution Centers, the MDU and module options and enclosures.
- Connectorization and Splicing - covers methods and procedures for the termination of the copper and fiber media. Splicing contains an overview of copper splicing and methods and procedures for the mechanical and fusion splicing of optical fiber cabling. This module is supported by the termination Videos available in the student download area. IDC, color codes, labeling, fiber splicing, fusion splicing, mechanical splicing, fiber closures, heat cured termination, anaerobic termination, pigtails, coax termination.
- Testing and Troubleshooting - covers testing and troubleshooting of copper and fiber cable including OLTS and OTDR. Visual verification, documentation, test sets, VOM, induction amplifiers, tome generators, wire maps, TDR, testing UTP and F/UTP, link and channel copper testing, length, insertion loss, NEXT, ACR, ELFEXT, PSELFEXT, Return loss, delay and skew, test procedures, failures, troubleshooting, backbone testing coax testing. Fiber testing Tier 1 and Tier 2, continuity and infrared testing, VFL, strand identification, OLTS, OTDR, multimode and singlemode testing, source and meters, TIA/EIA526, loss calculations, testing precautions, OLTS referencing process and procedures, test leads. OTDR testing, troubleshooting, isolate, cable loss, microbends, OTDR testing practices, repair.
How will I learn?
You will study this course online in a self- paced format.
The course is made up of a number of webcast modules and online multiple choice assessments giving immediate feedback. It is supported by a number of copper and fiber connector termination videos and downloadable support documentation.
Successful completion will require:
Any level of pass in the accumulative overall assessment score.
Is this the right course for me?
If you are involved in a Uniprise infrastructure project and need to understand the best practices and installation methodology to apply to achieve warranty support and need to cross-certify to UCI from SYSTIMAX I&M qualification, then this course is for you.
Upon successful completion you will:
Receive a certificate that may be self-printed.
CommScope contracted partners require UCI qualified installers to warranty installation projects. Only these Installers can register sites and apply for the warranty. For further details on the warranty program, process of registration and any additional requirements to become a CommScope installer/partner, please contact your local CommScope representative.
BICSI CECs: 4 Event ID: OV-COMM-IL-0916-6
Certificate valid for 3 years
Estimated study time: 8 hours
Webcast duration: 5h:37m
- Learn at your own pace
- Effective learning
- Learn on the go and on-site
- Cost effective
- Consistent training globally
- Available in many languages
- Access latest material