For all SYSTIMAX Partners involved in sales, design, specification, consultants & customers involved in Data Center projects.
It can be taken in isolation from other courses but it is recommended the student has a fundamental understanding of Data Centers which is covered in the SP8800 course. The combination of current SP3321, SP8800, SP8810 and SP8820 SYSTIMAX Data Center Solutions will acknowledge the student as a Data Center Specialist.
- Understand the concept of the ‘Living Infrastructure’ within Data Centers
- Ensure the correct installation procedures are covered for both copper and fiber media
- Introduce the SYSTIMAX solutions specifically designed to support the Data Center environment
- Look in detail at specialist Data Center solutions, InstaPATCH Cu, InstaPATCH QUATTRO, and InstaPATCH fiber
- Understand the migration towards 40 and 100 Gbps interface support
- Learn the testing and inspection requirements for warranty purposes
- Introduction to the Living Infrastructure – Design, Deploy and Evolve a look at the unique nature of the Data Center environment and what it takes to support both in terms of design and specialist solutions
- Data Center cabling installation – including pathways and containment. Bundling of cables, cable ties and support. Installation practices to avoid and some standards that need to be taken into account
- Power separation guidelines – including grounding and bonding standards. Distances between cables both power and data.
- Grounding and bonding new TIA references – Bonding cable gauge sizes and requirements and responsibilities.
- Copper cabling in the data center using SYSTIMAX products – Cable design and architecture as well as containment architecture
- InstaPATCH Cu pre-terminated copper Data Center solution – including Overview, Selection, Design and Installation looking at everything from switchpacks to custom trunks and equipment cables.
- InstaPATCH QUATTRO modular copper pre-terminated Data Center solution – Overview, Design and Installation but how this differs from InstaPATCH Cu solution with the unique plug-in trunk and modular cassette. Explains the component parts, ordering, design and installation guidelines.
- InstaPATCH 360 fiber pre-terminated Data Center solution – broken down into three parts Overview, Design and Installation this section will introduce the latest product to be added to this range such as the UHD cabinets 1U, 2U and 4U, covers design with Low-Loss components, ordering and installation.
- Testing specifically with InstaPATCH pre-terminated and tested solutions as the focus – What needs testing when and with which test equipment. A look at the latest OLTS testing with Encircled Flux conditioning, Testing of MPO trunks with the latest products on the market.
How will I learn?
You will study this course online in a self-paced format. The course is made up of a number of webcast lessons and online multiple choice assessments giving immediate feedback. It is supported by a number of videos and downloadable documents.
Successful completion will require:
Any level of pass in the accumulative overall assessment score.
Is this the right course for me?
If you are about to be involved in a Data Center project for sales, design or specification and need to understand more about the specialist solutions available for this infrastructure environment in detail or want to further build upon your SP3321 design and SP8800/SP8810 Data Center fundamentals experience, then this course is for you
Upon successful completion you will:
Receive a certificate and be added to the CommScope student base. CommScope PartnerPRO™ students who are already qualified in the SP3321 SYSTIMAX Authorized SYSTIMAX Engineering (ASE) ID badge will have this specialist course icon appended if they have completed SP8800 and SP8810.
BICSI CECs: 5 Event ID: OV-COMMS-IL-0916-1
Certificate valid for 4 years
Estimated study time: 5h 30mins
Overall content duration: 5 hours