SYSTIMAX Installation and Maintenance [ND3361]
The practical classroom course covers installation, termination and testing practices specific to the complete SYSTIMAX solution to the warranty level, well beyond standards based performance levels. Upon completion, the course allows students to warranty SYSTIMAX sites for installation providing their company is an approved SYSTIMAX Partner.
For scheduled events, please submit a class request.
If no public I&M classes are currently scheduled for your location, we recommend the online version of this course and can be taken at the students own pace and time. This is the SP3361 SYSTIMAX Installation and Maintenance course. Alternatively, if your company would like to organize and hold a private onsite classroom course, please let us know and we can give details and pricing. Also you may want to consider the Flexible Course Facility which enables the I&M to be taught by one of your own staff.
This course is designed for Structured Cabling Systems (SCS) technicians who install and maintain SYSTIMAX copper and fiber products. The primary audiences are SYSTIMAX Partners and SYSTIMAX Solutions technical support personnel. The course focus is firmly based around staff involved in project or installer management on site such as foreman, team leaders, senior installers, installers or quality control and inspection staff.
No pre-requisite experience is required although most attendees will have had at least some exposure to Enterprise structured cabling installation.
This course replaces the ND3341 and ND3360 and is usually delivered as a 2 day classroom course.
- Provides a detailed overview of SYSTIMAX SCS terminology, concepts, standards and components.
- Introduce the methods used to install all SYSTIMAX structured cabling solutions.
- Provide a thorough explanation of copper twisted pair products, consisting of cabling, VP360 & Modular Jack cross-connect components including the 360 Panel range and InstaPATCH Cu, InstaPATCH Quattro.
- Detail Fiber components such as OptiSPEED, LazrSPEED and TeraSPEED Systems, indoor and outdoor cabling, ST, SC and LC connectors, Fiber Optic Cross-connect systems including InstaPATCH 360
- Introduce the 360 iPatch and imVision Hardware, concept of iPatch ‘Enabled and Ready’ and 360 Cable Management.
- Students will learn in workshops how to install, terminate and test to SYSTIMAX registration standards. Installation Quality is the key to the course.
- PowerSUM, GigaSPEED XL and GigaSPEED X10D including 91B cables and outlets
- Cross-connect System VisiPatch 360
- 1100 platform PSCAT5E and XL panels including the 360 panel range
- PATCHMAX Distribution Hardware and PATCHMAX 360
- M2000, M3200 & M4800 patch panels
- Introducing InstaPATCH Cu pre-terminated solutions
- Testing of installed copper links
- Fiber distribution hardware OptiSPEED, LazrSPEED, TeraSPEED and InstaPATCH 360
- Fiber Optic Outside Plant cables and splices
- Fiber Optic cable installation, connectorization and testing
- Introduction to the 360 iPatch Active Hardware, installation and connectivity
- 360 Cable Management Solutions
- Current quality, inspection and testing issues and practices prior to site registration
- The current Do’s and Don’ts of installation to the SYSTIMAX registered standard. Current BWPs and Mandatory installation requirements for registration
- Cable containment specification for GigaSPEED – baskets, trays etc.
- Power separation to SYSTIMAX and national requirement
- Termination and Cable Management requirements e.g. Cable ‘grooming’, bundle sizes, stack heights, pair ‘lay’ & flute handling
- InstaPATCH 360 cleaning procedures
- Fiber Management e.g. when to sleeve & expected power budgets
- Grounding and Bonding topics including X10D FTP
- Cleaning fiber connectors SC/LC and MPO
How will I learn?
ND3361 is instructor-led and includes hands-on workshops throughout the two* days that the students participate in. Students will receive the ND3361 installation manual, with reference media containing installation videos and associated support material.
*In some regions this course may be delivered in a more flexible way.
Successful completion will require:
Full attendance, successful participation in the workshops, feedback sessions and instructor signoff on ALL workshop disciplines.
Is this the right course for me?
Anyone involved in installing the SYSTIMAX solution will benefit from taking this course. SYSTIMAX is the leading brand in the industry, offering guaranteed performance well beyond that required by the standards. Customers and consultants choosing this solution will expect the installation quality to match the quality of the product so this course will pass on the very best of working practices and those practices unique to the installation of this solution.
Upon successful completion you will:
Receive a certificate which can be self-printed. If you are a CommScope Partner you’ll be entered on the CommScope certification database and a badge is available to you via the Infrastructure Academy App.
Authorization to register SYSTIMAX sites for the installation discipline.
Effective Sept23rd 2020, BICSI recognizes ND3361 - SYSTIMAX Installation & Maintenance training for the following BICSI Continuing Education Credits (CECs).
BICSI CECs: 15 Event ID: OV-COMM-IL-0920-2
Certificate valid for 2 years