Recommended for any student involved in design, installation and project management of Broadband solutions.
No Pre-requisite knowledge is required for this course.
- Review both copper and fiber drop solutions
- Learn the basics of OSP (Outside Plant) safety
- Consider Rights of Way Issues
- Learn which Broadband products are used for Drops
- Understand both indoor and outdoor Drop cable Installation
- Coax and Fiber Solutions* - Overview of Head End Coax Cables, Head End Coax Fiber Cables, Trunk and Distribution coax cables, Trunk and Distribution coax cables, Coax Drop cables, Fiber Drop cables. Introduces XpressPrep™ P3®, QR®, MC2®, ACT®, Arid-Core®, Solid Messenger and Toneable Drop cables.
- OutSide Plant Safety* - Introduces OSP safety including, OSHA, MSDS, Safety issues, First Aid, Designating Work Areas, Hand Tool safety, Electrical Tool and Electrical Safety, Ladder Safety, Protective equipment, Confined Space Safety, Marking cables (APWA), Optical Fiber safety overview.
- Right of Way* - Looks at Rights of way Maps, Permit applications, Identification & Eminent Domain, Installation and Damages, Installation and deviation.
- Drop Cable - Overviews drop products, Coax QR® 320, F11 and F6 series attenuation, Aerial & Buried, Jacket types - PVC, PE, CATVP, CATV-R, CATV-V, BMU/BLU, BLP, BMR, BM/BLX, BrightWire®, or APD®, UTP and Fiber CMR and CMP products, NEC Articles 820 and 830.
- Drop Cable Indoor Installation - Building Entries, Exterior wall, Crawlspace and Basements, Lower and upper floor installs, Hiding cable, COAX and phone termination, Two Story MDU's, MDU riser installation, Exterior installations and commercial installation.
- Drop Cable Outdoor Installation - Environmental considerations, Aerial installation, Clearances, Planning for Aerial installations, Messenger cables, pulling lifting and tensioning and securing. Buried Installations, plowing and trenching, cable to residence, Grounding cables, NIU and the 8 foot rule.
Please note that some modules* are common to other broadband courses.
How will I learn?
You will study this course online in a self- paced format.
The course is made up of a number of webcast lessons and online multiple choice assessments giving immediate feedback. It includes a video on Broadband cable connectorization
Successful completion will require:
Any level of pass in the overall assessment score.
Is this the right course for me?
If you are involved in the installation of CommScope Broadband drop solutions and wish to improve your knowledge and working practices this course is for you.
Upon successful completion you will:
Receive a certificate that may be self-printed.
Specialist Icon added to your Broadband Certified Installer (BCI) badge if you are qualified in SP1100.
BICSI CECs: 2 Event ID: OV-COMMS-IL-0215-9
This course qualifies for SCTE Recertification Units (8 hours = 1 RU).
Certificate valid for 3 years
Estimated study time: 3 hours
Webcast duration: 2h:42m