SYSTIMAX Certified imVision Support Specialist [GL5555]
This Guided Learning course instructs the student to build their own iPatch lab and load imVision software (SM.v9.1) to their own server. Using the online content, learn how to use the imVision Infrastructure management software and hardware to build and manage a sample customer site using a series of 'practical' workshops.
Estimated study time: 20 hours
Webcast duration: 8h 5m
This course is aimed at Partners and End users who wish to support design, implementation and administration of the SYSTIMAX imVision Infrastructure Management system that has evolved from the original iPatch solution.
Previous knowledge and exposure to enterprise infrastructure environments and a general understanding of IT and LANs are required.
Mandatory student lab requirement:
By reserving this course you will be confirming your commitment to supply the necessary lab equipment covered in detail in this GL5555 'course', that will include:
- iPatch panels (x 2)
- imVision controller (x1)
- Cabling from switch to iPatch Panel crossconnect scenario
- Cabling between iPatch panel and faceplates to simulate horizontal runs
- Patch cords
To complete the workshop you will need a Cisco 2950 or 2960 switch with 24 copper ports and NO GBICs. Student must have basic knowledge about switch configuration to setup the device IP address, SNMP strings and port VLAN membership.
Suitable server PC:
|Processor||Multi-Core (4 cores minimum, 8 cores recommended for feature Spaces)|
|Memory||Minimum of 8 GB (16 GB recommended)|
|Disk Space||Minimum of 80 GB (application folders, logs, utilities); 50 GB (database files, logs)|
These requirements are checked during installation by System Manager and it will not run if specification is not to required specification.
System Manager 9.1 can be installed in the following Operating Systems:
|Windows Server 2016||Standard||4.6.2 or later|
|Windows Server 2012||Standard||4.6 or later|
|Windows 10 (for demo/trial servers only)||Professional||4.6 or later|
The following operating systems components are also required:
|Required operating systems components|
|.NET 4.5 or later|
|Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributables|
|Internet Information Services (IIS)|
- Learn how to design and install iPatch hardware including the imVision controller
- Understand the imVision System Manager software and how to install it
- Learn how to build a database to represent your customer site with System Manager
- Know how to use imVision on a day to day basis
- Guided and Unguided moves and changes
- Circuit traces, reports etc.
- Understand Event Notification and Device Discovery
- Learn how to use Reports
- Understand the Data Center features, such as deploy server and server decommissioning tool
- Know how to keep the system updated and how to troubleshoot the system
- SYSTIMAX imVision Introduction
- imVision Project - Introduction to Workshop
- iPatch Hardware
- Controller X Installation
- imVision System Manager Installation
- imVision System Manager User Interface Overview
- imVision System Manager Server Administration
- Adding Locations to the Database
- Adding Equipment Rooms
- Adding iPatch Equipment to the Database
- AddingCabling Components
- Adding Network Equipment
- Adding Servers to Racks
- Adding Cabling
- Adding OSP Components and Cabling
- Patching Modes
- Circuit Provisioning
- Service Provisioning
- Server Deploy and Decommissioning
- Discovering Devices with imVision
- Events and Event Notification
- Reports and Dashboards
- User Accounts and User Privileges
- System Maintenance and tools
How will I learn:
The 'Guided Learning' GL5555 format enables the student to take this practical course at their own premises and at their own pace with the support of online learning content. Webcast study lessons, Videos, Web page based workshops, Installation and operational pdf documents and SYSTIMAX imVision System Manager Software are provided. The software will be activated by a KEY that will be supplied upon request after the course has been booked. Please note: that the workshop MUST be completed within 90 days of installation of the software and the software MUST be registered within 30 days of installation. The Academy reserves the right to charge for new keys that would extend this period.
Successful completion will require:
Any level of Pass in the exam style assessment at the end of the GL5555 and also the submission of your workshop report as the 2nd part of that assessment. Notification of your results will be sent to you thereafter.
Is this the right course for me?
If any of the following apply to you, then this course is right for you::
- Know how to install the SYSTIMAX imVision System Manager (SM) server
- Be able to install iPatch hardware, imVision controller and integrate it to System Manager
- Build an example customer site database and populate it with objects and cabling
- Understand how the system is administrated including patching
- Know how to respond to notifications and alarms
- Understand how to maintain the solution
Upon successful completion you will:
Receive a certificate which can be self-printed. If you are a member of a CommScope Partner you’ll be entered on the CommScope certification database. For CommScope Partner employees wishing to advance and enhance their imVision credentials, an ID badge is available to those who successfully complete the GL5555 plus ALL the available imVision update webinars. The ID Badge is made available via the Infrastructure Academy App, recognizing the student as qualified as Advanced imVision Support Specialist (AISS).
Effective Nov19 2021, BICSI recognizes GL5555 – SYSTIMAX Certified imVision Support Specialist raining for the following BICSI Continuing Education Credits (CECs).
BICSI CECs: 10 Event ID: OV-COMM-OC-1121-1
Certificate valid for 1 year
Estimated study time: 20 hours
Webcast duration: 8h 5m
- Learn at your own pace
- Effective learning
- Learn on the go and on-site
- Cost effective
- Consistent training globally
- Available in many languages
- Access latest material