SYSTIMAX Installation and Maintenance - 'In House Training' [FC3361]
This practical course covers SYSTIMAX installation, terminating and testing practices and requirements specific to the complete SYSTIMAX range. It certifies the student in full I&M qualification required to support the warranty. The FC3361 uses flexible ‘In-House’ Training and allows a qualified instructor (ATA) from your own company to deliver the course.
Local Language Instructor
This course is designed for Structured Cabling Systems technicians who install and maintain SYSTIMAX SCS copper and fiber products. The primary audiences are SYSTIMAX Partners. The course focus is firmly based around staff involved in project or installer management on site such as foreman, team leaders, senior installers or quality control and inspection staff.
What prerequisite experience do I need?
This course can be taken with no previous experience or course pre-requisite.
Make sure before booking this course that your company has a current qualified ATA (Authorized Trainer Assessor) that can train you using this course.
For further information about the Flexible Course Facility (FCF) and becoming an ATA please see 'Flexible Course-ATA' pages or contact us.
- Provides a detailed overview of SYSTIMAX SCS terminology, concepts, standards and components.
- Introduce the methods used to install all SYSTIMAX structured cabling solutions.
- Provide a thorough explanation of copper twisted pair products, consisting of cabling, VP360 & Modular Jack cross-connect components including the 360 Panel range and InstaPATCH Cu, InstaPATCH Quattro.
- Detail Fiber components such as OptiSPEED, LazrSPEED and TeraSPEED Systems, indoor and outdoor cabling, ST, SC and LC connectors, Fiber Optic Cross-connect systems including InstaPATCH 360
- Introduce the 360 iPatch and imVision Hardware, concept of iPatch ‘Enabled and Ready’ and 360 Cable Management.
- Students will learn in workshops how to install, terminate and test to SYSTIMAX registration standards. Installation Quality is the key to the course.
- PowerSUM, GigaSPEED XL and GigaSPEED X10D including 91B cables and outlets
- Cross-connect System VisiPatch 360
- 1100 platform PSCAT5E and XL panels including the 360 panel range
- PATCHMAX Distribution Hardware and PATCHMAX 360
- M2000, M3200 & M4800 patch panels
- Introducing InstaPATCH Cu pre-terminated solutions
- Testing of installed copper links
- Fiber distribution hardware OptiSPEED, LazrSPEED, TeraSPEED and InstaPATCH 360
- Fiber Optic Outside Plant cables and splices
- Fiber Optic cable installation, connectorization and testing
- Introduction to the 360 iPatch Active Hardware, installation and connectivity
- 360 Cable Management Solutions
- Current quality, inspection and testing issues and practices prior to site registration
- The current Do’s and Don’ts of installation to the SYSTIMAX registered standard. Current BWPs and Mandatory installation requirements for registration
- Cable containment specification for GigaSPEED – baskets, trays etc.
- Power separation to SYSTIMAX and national requirement
- Termination and Cable Management requirements e.g. Cable ‘grooming’, bundle sizes, stack heights, pair ‘lay’ & flute handling
- InstaPATCH 360 cleaning procedures
- Fiber Management e.g. when to sleeve & expected power budgets
- Grounding and Bonding topics including X10D FTP
- Cleaning fiber connectors SC/LC and MPO
How will I learn?
Your company ATA Instructor will have access to central course material consisting of PowerPoint presentations, videos, instructor guide, suggested lab lists, workshops and other support materials. Students will learn using a series of workshops how to install & terminate to SYSTIMAX warranty registration standards. Installation Quality is the key to the course.
Running the 'In-house' course/assessment:
Step 1 Have a minimum of one qualified Authorized Trainer Assessor (ATA) within your company.
Step 2 Reserve your I&M course here and your ATA is notified and your Media Pack is supplied.
Step 3 Your company ATA has access to course material to train and assess you through to certification.
Successful completion will require:
Your approved company ATA to take you through the I&M tasks and sign-off that you fully understand each of the procedures required to install, terminate and test to the required SYSTIMAX level.
Is this course right for me?
Anyone involved in installing the SYSTIMAX solution will benefit from taking this course. SYSTIMAX is the leading brand in the industry, offering guaranteed performance well beyond that required by the standards. Customers and consultants choosing this solution will expect the installation quality to match the quality of the product so this course will pass on the very best of working practices and those practices unique to the installation of this solution.
Upon successful completion you will?
Receive a certificate which can be self-printed. If you are a CommScope Partner you’ll be entered on the CommScope certification database and a badge is available to you via the Infrastructure Academy App. It allows you to register sites for the Installation & Maintenance of all SYSTIMAX solutions including the 360 product range for warranty providing your company is authorized to sell SYSTIMAX.
BICSI CECs: 15 Event ID: OV-COMM-IL-0916-8
Certificate valid for 2 years